7D/6N Splendours of Borneo: Kuching – Kota Kinabalu
Splendours of Borneo
- Upon your arrival at Kuching before 1200hrs, you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Your afternoon tour of Kuching city includes viewing of the Fort Margherita from the waterfront, across the Sarawak River (no public admission), Tua Pek Kong Temple – the oldest temple in Kuching and the Sarawak Museum – reputed to be the best museum in Southeast Asia.
Kuching – Semenggok Orang Utan – Longhouse
- Breakfast in the hotel.
- Depart early morning to visit the Semenggok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre that houses the Orang Utan and sometimes other protected species of wildlife rescued from captivity. They are carefully cared for, nurtured and rehabilitated into their natural surroundings. Witness the feeding of the Orang Utans and this is subject to the animals approaching the feeding platform.
- Depart for an interesting overnight stay experience with the Ibans natives. On arrival, the natives from the longhouse will welcome you. Ibans is the largest group of native in Sarawak and were once the fierce head-hunters of Borneo.
- After dinner, get to know the Headman of the longhouse over a glass of rice wine, let the hospitable hosts entertain you with their traditional dances or teach you the Ngajat, a graceful Warrior’s Dance.
- Overnight in the Longhouse.
- Accommodation description:
Accommodation is in a common area and is simple and basic without air condition, individual mattresses and mosquito nets will be provided. Basic shower (no hot water) and toilet facilities are available.
Iban Longhouse – Kuching
- Wake up to the crows of the roosters. After breakfast, enjoy demonstrations of the native games such as cock-fighting and method of using blowpipe for hunting.
- Depart to Kuching.
- Lunch enroute.
Kuching – Mulu
- Depart on the early flight to Mulu, via Miri.
- Mulu National Park is the home to the largest cave passage in the world and a paradise for naturalists. Mulu Park is known to have 1500 species of flowering plants, 170 species of wild orchids and 67 species of animals.
- Upon arrival in Mulu, we head straight to the Park’s Headquarters and depart by boat to explore the Wind Cave, Clearwater Cave and thereafter proceed to Batu Bungan Penan Settlement, to observe the tribe lifestyle and their handicraft heritage. You can swim at a crystal clear water pool near the Clearwater Cave.
- Packed lunch enroute.
- Depart by boat to the Park’s headquarter and from there take the 3 km raised plank walk to explore the Deer and Lang Caves.
- Overnight and dinner.
Mulu – Kota Kinabalu
- At leisure until transfer to the airport for your onward flight to Kota Kinabalu.
- Overnight at hotel.
Kota Kinabalu – Kinabalu National Park – Kota Kinabalu
- Breakfast in the hotel.
- Depart for a full day excursion to Kinabalu National Park, the base of the highest mountain in Southeast Asia.
- A park guide will take you on a nature walk where you will also visit the exhibition hall and watch a slide presentation of the Kinabalu National Park and Mount Kinabalu.
- Overnight in Kota Kinabalu city.
- Meals provided: Breakfast, Lunch.
- After breakfast, proceed for a morning city tour.
- Visit the highest point for a panoramic view of Kota Kinabalu,- The Signal Hill, Likas Bay, the exterior of Sabah Foundation building, a Buddhist Temple, State Museum and the State Mosque.
- Rest of the day at leisure until your transfer to the airport for your onward journey. If you are extending your stay, you will be transferred directly to the Resort.
- Due to the basic conditions at the Longhouse, you are advice to bring your own raincoat, hand-torch, personal toiletries, light clothing preferably cotton materials, towel, body soap, walking shoe with rubber base/slippers, anti malaria tablets, insect repellent, sun protection lotion & first aid kit.
- Due to the nature of the program, it is not advisable to bring along your suitcase which is advisable to leave them in Kuching. Should you like to bring gifts for the people at the Longhouse, biscuits, medical first aid kit, books, pencils, pens, educational toys and dolls are highly appreciated. We discourage giving sweets and cigarettes.
- Package does not include airfares.
7 Days / 6 Nights
- Tour Category: Multi-day Tour
- Tour Type: Shared Basis English Speaking
- Departure: Every day – Min 02 Max 16 persons
- Start: Kuching airport/hotel
- End: Kota Kinabalu airport/hotel
- Iban Longhouse
- Semenggok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
- Kinabalu National Park
- Meals as Stated
- Personal Expenses
- Alcoholic & Carbonated Drinks
|Adult Rate||Child Rate|
|from MYR 760.00||Not Available|