7D/6N Splendours of Borneo: Kota Kinabalu – Kuching
Splendours of Borneo
Kota Kinabalu City
- Arrival at Kota Kinabalu and transfer to your hotel.
- Afternoon proceed for a city tour. Visit the highest point for a panoramic view of Kota Kinabalu – The Signal Hill, Likas Bay, the exterior of Sabah Foundation building, Buddhist Temple, State Museum and the State Mosque.
Kota Kinabalu – Kinabalu National Park – Kota Kinabalu
- Depart for a full day excursion to Kinabalu National Park, the base of the highest mountain in Malaysia.
- Kinabalu Park is a botanist’s paradise with over a thousand species of orchids, numerous Rhododendrons and pitcher plants as well as many species of birds. A park guide will take you on a nature walk where you will also visit the exhibition hall and watch a slide presentation of the Kinabalu National Park and Mount Kinabalu.
- Overnight in Kota Kinabalu city.
Kota Kinabalu – Mulu (by air)
- After breakfast transfer to airport for your flight to Mulu.
- Mulu National Park is the home to the largest cave passage in the world and a paradise for naturalists. Mulu Park is known to have 1500 species of flowering plants, 170 species of wild orchids and 67 species of animals.
- Lunch on your own.
- On arrival depart by boat to the Park’s headquarter and from there take the 3 km raised plank walk to explore the Deer and Lang Caves. This interesting walk will take you through the peat swamp forest, and if weather permits, be mesmerized by a natural phenomenon at the mouth of the cave in the late evening.
- Overnight and dinner.
Mulu – Kuching (by air)
- We will continue with our exploration of Mulu caves with a boat ride to Clearwater Cave. You can swim at a crystal clear water pool near the Clearwater Cave. Explore the Wind Cave and thereafter proceed to Batu Bungan Penan Settlement, to observe the tribe lifestyle and their handicraft heritage.
- Packed lunch.
- Return to Mulu and proceed to the airport for your flight to Kuching, via Miri.
- On arrival, transfer to your hotel.
- After breakfast, proceed on a city tour of Kuching.
- Highlights on this tour are view of the Fort Margherita from the waterfront, across the Sarawak River (no public admission), Tua Pek Kong Temple – the oldest Chinese temple in Kuching and the Sarawak Museum, reputed to be the best museum in Southeast Asia.
Kuching – Semenggok Orang Utan – Longhouse
- Breakfast in the hotel.
- Depart early morning to visit the Semenggok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre that houses the Orang Utan and sometimes other protected species of wildlife rescued from captivity. They are carefully cared for, nurtured and rehabilitated into their natural surroundings. Witness the feeding of the Orangutans and this is subject to the animals approaching the feeding platform.
- Depart for an interesting overnight stay experience with the Ibans natives.
- On arrival, the natives from the longhouse will welcome you. Ibans is the largest group of native in Sarawak and were once the fierce head-hunters of Borneo. Today, they are farmers and amongst the friendliest people. You are free to mingle with the longhouse dwellers, join them in their daily chores, or enjoy the serenity of the rainforest or perhaps go for a dip in the river.
- After dinner, get to know the Headman of the longhouse over a glass of rice wine, let the hospitable hosts entertain you with their traditional dances, or teach you the Ngajat, a graceful Warrior’s Dance.
- Meals provided: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Accommodation description:
Accommodation is in a common area and is simple and basic without air-condition, individual mattresses and mosquito nets will be provided. Basic shower (no hot water) and toilet facilities are available.
Iban Longhouse – Kuching
- Wake up to the crows of the roosters.
- After breakfast, enjoy demonstrations of the native games such as cock-fighting and method of using blowpipe for hunting.
- Depart for Kuching airport with lunch en route. In order to be on the safe side, we suggest that your departure flight be after 1600 hours. If you are extending your stay, you will be transferred directly to the Resort.
- Meals provided: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Due to the basic conditions at the Longhouse, you are advice to bring your own raincoat, hand-torch, personal toiletries, light clothing preferably cotton materials, towel, body soap, walking shoe with rubber base/slippers, anti malaria tablets, insect repellent, sun protection lotion & first aid kit.
- Due to the nature of the program, it is not advisable to bring along your suitcase which is advisable to leave them in Kuching. Should you like to bring gifts for the people at the Longhouse, biscuits, medical first aid kit, books, pencils, pens, educational toys and dolls are highly appreciated. We discourage giving sweets and cigarettes.
- Itinerary is subject to change based on weather condition and traffic issue.
7 Days / 6 Nights
- Tour Category: Multi-day Tours
- Tour Type: Shared Basis English Speaking
- Departure: Every day – Min 02 Max 16 persons
- Start: Kota Kinabalu airport/hotel
- End: Kuching airport/hotel
- Semenggok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
- Meals as Stated
- Personal Expenses
- Alcoholic & Carbonated Drinks
|Adult Rate||Child Rate|
|from MYR 760.00||Not Available|