3D/2N Tabin Wildlife Observation & Nature
Tabin Wildlife Observation & Nature
Lahad Datu – Tabin Wildlife Reserve – Lipad Mud Volcano Trekking
- 13:30 – You will be picked up in the east coast town of Lahad Datu and travel by road to Tabin Wildlife Reserve.
- Check into an attractive timber lodge at Tabin Wildlife Resort, which comes complete with private balcony, ceiling fan and hot water shower, a welcome luxury in the forest. Nestled within the rainforest beside the Lipad River, this lovely setting is home to a surprising variety of birds, insects and small mammals, even right beside the buildings of the resort.
- Discover the rich variety of jungle herbs, some endemic, used for generations by local folks for the treatment of various ailments.
- In the afternoon, visit the Lipad mud volcano which provides a mineral salt lick for wildlife. After trekking through the rainforest for 20 minutes, arrive at the elevated bare area of the mud volcano which is frequented by wildlife and birds. Try to identify the multitude of animal footprints here.
- Climb the observation tower and admire the contrasting landscape of the bare mud volcano and its surrounding thick forest, where birds are commonly sighted.
- After dinner, enjoy a slide presentation on Tabin’s natural wonders, followed by a trip to look out for nocturnal wildlife and birds. Remember to look up at the clear, dark sky of Tabin, identify the constellations above you and make a wish or two.
- Overnight at Tabin Wildlife Resort.
- You may opt to join the early morning bird walk to discover some of Tabin’s rich collection of almost 300 bird species.
- After breakfast, trek through the lush green rainforest known for its rich diversity of plants and animal species to visit Lipad Waterfall. Take a dip in the natural pool and enjoy a natural and refreshing shower under the waterfall.
- Alternatively explore the surrounding vegetation or just relax.
Tabin Rock Pool – Lahad Datu
- After breakfast, stroll to the nearby rock pool or river side where groups of macaques and other small mammals can sometimes be seen. Choose to take a dip in the river or simply listen to the sound of nature before saying good bye to Tabin.
Things to bring:
- Insect repellent, long sleeve shirts & long pants, raincoat, water bottle, sun hat, trekking shoes, leech socks, torchlight, camera, binoculars, toiletries, sun-block, personal medication.
- Please ensure you book return air ticket to and from Lahad Datu.
- The itinerary is subject to change based on weather conditions and conditions beyond our control.
3 Days / 2 Nights
- Tour Category: Wildlife & Nature
- Tour Type: Shared Basis English Speaking
- Departure: Every day – Min 02 Max 16 persons
- Start / End: Lahad Datu Airport/Hotel
- Tabin Wildlife Reserve
- Lipad Mud Volcano Trekking
- Lipad Waterfall
- Tabin Rock Pool
- Meals as Stated
- Scheduled return transfer Lahad Datu-Tabin-Lahad Datu (Seat-In-Coach)
- English Speaking Guide
- Entry Permit & Taxes to Conservation Area
- Two Nights Accommodation
- Domestic Airfares (BKI-LDU-BKI)
- Personal Expenses
- Alcoholic & Carbonated Drinks
|Adult Rate||Child Rate|
|from MYR 760.00||Not Available|