3D/2N Kg Kiau Experience + Lakadan Camp Survival
Kg Kiau Experience + Lakadan Camp Survival
Kota Kinabalu – Kampung Kiau Taburi
- 0800hrs Pick up from the hotel and drive 45 minutes to a small town call Tuaran. Briefing on do’s & don’ts about mountain biking procedure before heading to the trailhead.
- Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by the village homestay coordinator. There will be an introduction to the village and history of the famous Sir Hugh Low Trail before being introduced to your host family. After that, you will be given some time to settle down and familiarize yourself with your host family.
- In the afternoon, take a two-hour village walk through the scenic valley known as the Japanese Trail. The trek takes you through forest interspersed by grassy fields, rice paddies, small fruit farms, and jungle shelters. After dinner, let the hospitable hosts entertain you with their cultural performances. Overnight.
- Overnight Homestay – basic accommodation | Meals: Lunch, Refreshment & Dinner.
Kampung Kiau Taburi – Lakadan Camp Survival
- After breakfast, we will proceed to the entry point of the trek. From here, we will trek for 1 hour to the base camp where we will spend the night. There will be steep climbs both uphill and downhill, through hot open trails with great shady sections making the trek both challenging and very satisfying. You will pass huge dipterocarp trees and strangler figs draped with lianas, orchids, pitcher plants, and wild jungle fruits. Share the knowledge of the ecology and history of this area from the experienced villagers cum rangers and trail protectors who will guide you. Along the way, guides will show you a variety of jungle survival skills and you will learn to identify and collect wild jungle plants and herbs for food as your evening meal.
- Upon arrival and settling down, we will spend time at a nearby river to fish and gather crabs for dinner. After that, we will return to the camp base where the guides will show you the art of jungle survival – making an assortment of equipment from bamboo shoots, including the trusted weapon of the aborigines; the blowpipe. Try your hand at this weapon that has been used for generations by the natives.
- In the night time, the forest comes to life with an amazing array of sounds. After dinner, we will go for a night walk, provided that the weather is fair. Keep a lookout for insect, frogs, and other nocturnal animals. Overnight.
- Overnight Homestay – basic accommodation
- Meals: Lunch, Refreshment & Dinner
Lakadan Camp Survival – Kampung Kiau Taburi – Kota Kinabalu
- Wake up to the early morning crisp fresh air of the tropical jungle covered in mist. Return to the village in an approximate one-hour trek. Lunch will be served upon arrival. Bid farewell to your host family as you will be heading back to Kota Kinabalu today.
- It is advisable to bring a raincoat, sleeping bag, camping gear, windbreaker, drinking water, good torch, toiletries, towel, hat, insect repellent, hand torch, personal toiletries, cotton clothes, swimming attire, walking shoes with a rubber sole, a pair of leech socks or thick socks, binoculars, anti-malaria tablets, and suntan/block lotion and first aid kit.
- The package price excludes rental basis:
- Sleeping Bag : RM15.00++ per unit/day
- Tent (Single Occupancy) : RM30.00++ per unit/day
- Tent (Double Occupancy) : RM40.00++ per unit/day
- Deposit requirement : RM30.00++ per unit (returnable)
- Activities are subject to weather condition/departure time and maybe re-organized to best meet operational situation.
3 Days / 2 Nights
- Tour Category: Active Adventure
- Tour Type: Shared Basis English Speaking
- Departure: Every Day – Min 02 Max 16 persons
- Start / End: Kampung Kiau Junction
- Kadazandusun ethnic group
- Return transfer Kiau Junction/Kg.Kiau Taburi- Lakadan Campsite/Kiau Junction
- Campsite Fee
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Guided tours and activities
|Adult Rate||Child Rate|
|from MYR 5500.00||Not Available|