2D/1N Sipadan Pom Pom Resort
Sipadan Pom Pom Resort
Pom Pom Island is around 45 minutes by boat from Borneo’s east coast. It has rich tropical vegetation and is surrounded by white sand and the turquoise waters of the Celebes Sea. This little atoll takes about an hour to walk around, is often a shelter for both Green and Hawksbill marine turtles that during the night return to the beach to nest.
Scuba Diving In Pom Pom Island
- Surrounded by 7 islands, Pom Pom is ideally located for all keen divers to explore the sites and search for marine life including turtles and macro.The water here is normally around 26°C to 30°C degrees, even in deeper water. The visibility can depend upon recent weather conditions but is normally at least 15-20 metres and can be up to 30 metres.
- The sea can produce currents, but in this case Pom Pom resort organize DRIFT DIVING. The boat will follow at a safe distance and collect you once your dive has finished with your guide.
At Pom Pom you can enjoy relaxing dives searching for both coral fish and macro sea life. At the moment Pom Pom Island has 20 sites all reachable by fast boat within approximately 15 to 25 minutes.
The Dive Package consists of 2 morning dives and 1 afternoon dive.
- We leave after breakfast for the first two dives to one of the 7 nearby surrounding islands. Depending on weather and sea conditions we can sometimes visit the beaches and take our surface interval break enjoying a refreshing drink and snack.
- After the second dive, we return for lunch, and then in the afternoon we make our third dive at one of our Pom Pom Island dive sites.
- Furthermore the diving package includes free self dives up to 6pm from our jetty. Using PADI’s buddy system, you will be able to observe the shy and spectacular Mandarin fish located near our jetty.
- If this is not enough to satisfy your diving needs, we can arrange for a small charge, exciting night dives ideal for passionate photographers to observe amazing macro life.
How to Get Here
- Take a short 45 minutes Malaysia Airlines domestic flight from Kota Kinabalu to Tawau then you will be met and transferred to Semporna Jetty (Harbor) by van (approx. 1-hour drive) and finally, you will be transferred to Sipadan Pom Pom Resort by speedboat (approx. 45 minutes boat ride).
Boat Schedule (Fixed Departure Time)
- Semporna Jetty to Pom Pom Island : 10:30hrs; 12:30hrs & 16:30hrs
- Pom Pom Island to Semporna Jetty : 09:30hrs & 13:30hrs
- Diving/Snorkelling activities start from 8.30am to 5pm.
(Timing is subject to weather conditions and be changed without prior notice)
- Guided snorkelling trips to surrounding islands are organized daily with a minimum of 4 people.
Note: All snorkelling equipment is not included in the price if not expressly specified; it may be rented at the dive centre.
- The diving package is for:
– Two boat dives to another island with a minimum 2 people in the morning;
– One boat dive around Pom Pom Island in the afternoon.
Dive sites in the surrounding islands* will be organized and subject to our Dive Instructor / Dive master’s recommendation based on weather and sea conditions.
Any additional early morning or night diving will be charged separately.
- The diving package is strictly for CERTIFIED DIVERS in good medical condition. Diving licenses must be shown upon reservation, or at the dive centre prior to any dive activity.
- The dive package includes Air Tanks (12 litre), belt and weights.
Note: All dive equipment is not included in the price if not expressly specified; it can be rented at the dive centre.
- The Dive Manager and Dive Instructors reserve the right to stop any dive activity if the dive centre policy is not respected.
- Each dive package is valid for 1 person only: it may not be shared, and is not transferable. Any booked dive package is not refundable in the event of a “no show” or other surplus dives at the discretion of the Dive Manager.
- Prepaid Dive Course & E-learning from PADI WEBSITE: If you wish to do a course, you must obtain a Medical certificate specifically FOR DIVING ACTIVITY before booking or starting the E-learning.
– You can do your theory before your arrival, online through PADI website. Once you arrive in Pom Pom you only need to do the practical part in the water.
– Prepaid courses are not refundable.
- Pom Pom PADI Dive Centre adheres to a 24 hour non-diving period prior to flying.
- The use of personal dive computers is highly recommended, and under no circumstances is a single dive computer to be shared by multiple divers.
- SELF DIVE WITH A BUDDY FROM OUR JETTY (House reef)
To be allowed to self-dive you are required to:
– book in advance at least a 5 dive package;
– be an Advanced level diver or equivalent with 20+ logged dives.
Note: If you need a dive master to accompany or buddy you, there is an additional charge of RM 40.00 per dive. For your own safety and general organization, each Self-dive must be requested at least 2 hours in advance and be approved by the dive department.
- Please register your name at Dive Center or Dive Desk.
- Child up to 11yrs old – 50% Discount from adult price.
- Minimum 4 Snorkelers for the trip.
Snorkeling Price Includes:
- Life Jacket , Drink & Snacks will be provided for each snorkeling trip.
- One (1) Snorkeling Guide.
- Please refer to dive centre for further information and assistant.
Snorkeling Price Excludes:
- Mask & Snorkel Equipment are not included (Rental of equipments are available at the Dive Centre).
- 2 to 11 years old: 50% charge from the adult package.
- Below 2 years old: free of charge.
2 Days / 1 Nights
- Tour Category: Island Holidays
- Tour Type: Shared Basis English Speaking
- Departure: Every Day – Min 02 Max 16 persons
- Start / End: Tawau Airport
- Scuba diving and night diving
- Snorkeling trips around Pom Pom islan
- Diving and snorkeling equipment for rental
- Water Villa, Beach Villa or Garden Villa accomodations
- Incredible encounters with marine life
- Return scheduled Land & Sea transfers between Tawau Airport – Semporna Jetty – Pom Pom Island
- Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) + Complimentary coffee, tea and juices are served all day in the restaurant( Except alcohol & carbonated drinks).
|Adult Rate||Child Rate|
|from MYR 5500.00||Not Available|