2D/1N Mount Climbing Via Ferrata
Mount Climbing Via Ferrata
Kota Kinabalu city – Mount Kinabalu
- 0630hrs Early morning departure to Kinabalu Park. The journey will take approximately 2 hrs.
- A brief stop at Nabalu Market for an opportunity to buy local handicrafts and local fruits.
- 0800hrs Arrival at Kinabalu Park, pre-check-in at Via Ferrata office, and at Kinabalu Park’s office, and then the real adventure begins as you will proceed to the Power Station/Timpohon Gate by coach for the start of our 2-day climb of Mount Kinabalu.
- The trekking will take about 5-8 hours, depending on the individual fitness level.
- 1500hrs Arrival at the Pendant Hut, which is situated at an altitude of 3,289m. Meet your Mountain Torq Trainer for a mandatory Via Ferrata familiarization and Safety Briefing.
- Dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant. Overnight stay at Pendant Hut.
Mount Kinabalu Summit – Via Farrata activities – Kota Kinabalu city
- 0130hrs Wake up early and have a meal before your ascend by torchlight to the Low’s Peak summit. The climb takes about three hours but you will be well rewarded with a breathtaking sunrise (weather permitting).
- Descend from the Summit. Meet Mt Torq’s Trainer at Sayat Sayat Hut (0715hrs) for the Walk the Torq activity (French Grade PD) or at 7.5km mark (0630hrs) for Low’s Peak Circuit activity (French Grade AD).
- The Walk the Torq activity will take 2 to 3 hours while the Low’s Peak Circuit will take 4 to 5 hours to complete. Return to Pendant Hut for a well-earned breakfast, check out and continue descend to Timpohon Gate, which will takes about 4 to 5 hours.
- Arrive at Park Headquarters to collect your Certificate of Achievement and transfer back to Kota Kinabalu.
- Via Farrata: WALK THE TORQ or LOW’S PEAK CIRCUIT (Minimum Age: Walk the Torq 10 years old/Low’s Peak Circuit 16 years old).
- All tours are subject to weather conditions and may be amended without notice to suit the prevailing conditions at the time of the tour.
- It is advisable to bring a raincoat, warm clothing, balaclava, windbreaker, drinking water, hat, gloves, extra thick socks, good torch, toiletries, towel, and others items of personal use. Use good trekking shoes. It is advisable to bring a sleeping bag.
2 Days / 1 Nights
- Tour Category: Active Adventure
- Tour Type: Shared Basis English Speaking
- Departure: Every Day – Min 02 Max 16 persons
- Start / End: Kota Kinabalu
- Mount Kinabalu Listed as one of the world’s 50 most incredible hikes by Lonely Planet.
- 1-night basic accommodation at Pendant Hut dormitory
- Overland transports as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Conservation Fee
- Climbing Permit
- Insurance and Certificate
- Mountain Guide
- Via Ferrata activity
|Adult Rate||Child Rate|
|from MYR 5500.00||Not Available|