2D/1N Maliau Basin The Lost World
Maliau Basin The Lost World
Kota Kinabalu city – Keningau – Maliau Basin
- Leave Kota Kinabalu in the morning and enjoy a scenic drive (5 hours).
- Stop in the small town Keningau, enroute to Maliau Basin Conservation Area, for some last minute shopping and continue your journey to the Sabah’s Lost World. Part of the road are still gravel, so be prepared for the bumpy ride.
- Arrive at the Shell Maliau Reception, lunch and proceed along the gravel road for another 1 hour drive to the Maliau Basin Studies Centre – pygmy elephants and wild cattle (banteng) are frequently seen in this area.
- Upon arrival, freshen up, then visit the Sky Bridge (400m‐long and suspended 22m above forests floor) and trek the Nature Trail for an introduction of the rainforest.
- Tonight enjoy a night drive in search of nocturnal wildlife; species most often encountered are clouded leopard, mousedeer, western tarsier etc.
- Overnight at Maliau Basin Studies Centre at the hostel.
Maliau Basin – Kota Kinabalu city
- This morning, rise early and proceed to the 4‐storeys Maliau Observation Tower, which offers a spectacular morning views of the rainforest.
- After breakfast, pack up and head to Agathis Camp nestled in hill mixed dipterocarp forest. Explore the Agathis Trail where enormous Agathis Trees can be found.
- After lunch, journey back to Kota Kinabalu city.
- Bring Insect repellent, raincoat, water bottle, sun hat, hiking boots, clothing (preferably no bright colours), leech socks, camera, binoculars, toiletries, sun-block, personal medication.
- All tours are subject to weather conditions and may be amended without notice to suit the prevailing conditions at time of tour.
2 Days / 1 Nights
- Tour Category: Wildlife & Nature
- Tour Type: Shared Basis English Speaking
- Departure: Every day – Min 02 Max 16 persons
- Start / End: Kota Kinabalu
- Sabah’s Lost World
- Untouched pristine rainforest
- Borneo wildlife life
- A Lodge/Jungle Camp basic accommodation
- All internal transport
- Meals as stated
- Conservation fees
- English speaking guide
- Forest Ranger cum Radioman
- Personal Accident Insurance that covers emergency Helicopter Evacuation
|Adult Rate||Child Rate|
|from MYR 760.00||Not Available|