2D/1N Kg Kiau Lakadan Campfire (Ex-Kota Kinabalu)
Kg Kiau Lakadan Campfire
Kampung Kiau Junction
- At 0800hrs, depart for a two-hour journey to the Crocker Range. Enjoy scenic mountain views on your way to Kampung Kiau. Located on the foothills of Mount Kinabalu, Kampung Kiau is a home to about 750 Kadazandusun people of whom many work as mountain guides and porters on Mount Kinabalu.
- Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by the village homestay coordinator. We will proceed to the village to entry point of the trek. From here, we will trek for 1 hour to the base camp where we will spend the night.
- There will be steep climbs both uphill and downhill, through hot open trails with great shady sections making the trek both challenging and very satisfying. You will pass huge dipterocarp trees and strangler figs draped with lianas, orchids, pitcher plants and wild jungle fruits. Share the knowledge of the ecology and history of this area from the experienced villagers cum rangers and trail protector who will guide you.
- Along the way, guides will show you a variety of jungle survival skills and you will learn to identify and collect wild jungle plants and herbs for your evening meal.
- Upon arrival and settling down, we will spend time at a nearby river to fish and gather crabs for dinner. After that, we will return to the camp base where the guides will show you the art of jungle survival – making an assortment of equipment from bamboo shoots, including the trusted weapon of the aborigines; the blowpipe.
- In the night time, the forest comes to life with an amazing array of sounds. After dinner, we will go for a night walk, provided that the weather is fair. Keep a look out for insect, frogs and other nocturnal animals. Overnight.
- Meals: Simple local dishes for breakfast, picnic lunch, and dinner.
Kampung Kiau Junction – Kota Kinabalu City
- Wake up to the early morning crisp fresh air of the tropical jungle covered in mist. Your coordinator will arrange your transfer to Kiau junction before you leave for the city.
- It is advisable to bring a raincoat, sleeping bag, camping gear, windbreaker, drinking water, good torch, toiletries, towel, hat, insect repellent, hand torch, personal toiletries, cotton clothes, swimming attire, walking shoes with a rubber sole, a pair of leech socks or thick socks, binoculars, anti-malaria tablets, and suntan/block lotion and first aid kit.
- The package price excludes rental basis:
- Sleeping Bag : RM15.00++ per unit/day
- Tent (Single Occupancy) : RM30.00++ per unit/day
- Tent (Double Occupancy) : RM40.00++ per unit/day
- Deposit requirement : RM30.00++ per unit (returnable)
- Activities are subject to weather condition/departure time and maybe re-organized to best meet operational situation.
- How to get there:
- By Bus: You may choose either at Padang Merdeka Terminal Bus and look for Ranau Transport or go to Terminal Bus Inanam. When you onboard the bus, please be informed that the bus will only move once the passengers get full.
2 Days / 1 Nights
- Tour Category: Active Adventure
- Tour Type: Shared Basis English Speaking
- Departure: Every Day – Min 02 Max 16 persons
- Start / End: Kota Kinabalu
- Kadazandusun ethnic group
- Return transfer Kiau Junction
- Kg.Kiau Taburi- Lakadan Campsite
- Kiau Junction, Campsite Fee
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Guided tours and activities
|Adult Rate||Child Rate|
|from MYR 5500.00||Not Available|